USDA Branded Food Database
In an effort to improve public health and the sharing of branded and private label food nutritional content, a new public-private partnership has collaborated to deliver the USDA Branded Food Products Database.
Label Insight allows brands to submit their product data to the database via a simple drag and drop portal.
The USDA Branded Food Database:
- Expands and enhances the existing USDA National Nutrient Database
- Provides access to nutrient composition and ingredient information on branded foods and private label data
- Supplies open food data to consumers, federal agencies, the research community and international and proprietary databases
This database features more timely data submissions. It is also scalable to manage a larger volume of food product information. Finally, it allows for the real-time linkage between nutrient composition and dietary patterns.
What information can be contributed by food manufacturers and retailers?
- Weights and measures
- Ingredients list and sublist
- Product name and generic descriptor
- Serving size and servings per package
- Nutrients shown on the Nutrition Facts Panel or Expanded Nutrution Facts Panel
- Date stamp associated with the most current formulation of the branded or private label food product
Enhance Food Information Transparency
with the USDA Branded Food Product Database
Manufacturers can begin uploading data to the database immediately. So let's get started!