Location: St. Louis
We are looking for a senior data analyst to join our data transformation team who can specialize in the analysis of pet food and drive future product attribution. You should have experience in one or more of the following pet food areas: product development/formulation, regulation, marketing, or analysis. You will help build our database in alignment with the industry and use your subject matter expertise to steer projects and provide guidance to other divisions of the company. Experience with data analysis and manipulation are preferred and abilities in Microsoft Office are required.
You should be familiar with industry resources such as AAFCO labeling guide, relevant industry inspections and certifications, as well as general regulatory rules. You should enjoy doing extensive research about topics in the industry and be able to implement new industry standards into our database through powerful and granular product attribution. An understanding of product attribution such as ‘organic’, ‘grain free’, etc. is preferred. This individual should be team oriented, thrive in a fast paced environment, and have a passion for driving product transparency.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Serve as the central point of contact for pet food products including ingredients, claims, regulations, and other critical areas.
- Research current and future regulation and implement into the database, and build attributes to align with industry standards and trends to further pet food attribution and maintain Label Insight as the data transparency industry standard.
- Manage and build taxonomies of ingredients, claims, and other analytical data points for all pet food products to create a comprehensive and structured database.
- Use subject matter knowledge to lead data transparency industry solutions, such as SmartLabel.
- Communicate updates to the taxonomies to affected divisions of the company for the purpose of business development, sales, and marketing.
- Provide support to clients as a subject matter expert via sales support, onboarding, and data resolution.
About You / Your Creds:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years experience in the pet food industry
- Experience in one or more of the following, as they relate to the pet food product industry:
- Product Development and/or Formulation
- Experience with data analysis and manipulation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, including special formulas.
- Ability to thrive working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Desire to learn.
Who we are:
Label Insight is a high-growth technology company founded with the mission of helping CPG companies and retailers help their consumers understand what’s in the products they use and consume. Our data and tools focus on transforming information about household products into simple, easy to use forms.” We’re transforming the way brands and retailers interact with and share product data in order to bring product transparency to the consumer.
Our team is unique because it’s composed not only of tech engineers and data scientists, but food scientists, nutrition experts and product formulation specialists, who enable the enriched attribution capability of our tools. We’ve also attracted top senior executive talent with decades of leadership experience to help manage our rapid growth and scale.
As a team, we share a common set of values: We are innovative problem solvers. We believe in transparency, both in our product and in our work. We have curious minds and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. We value scientific inquiry. We aren’t afraid to take risks, and fail fast to learn fast and improve fast. We embrace uniqueness. We are lifelong learners and we value intellectual honesty.
Perks of the job:
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, a kegerator and more!
- Casual, dog-friendly, open-layout workspace
- Company subsidized Health Insurance, and 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Catered team lunches every other week
- Mentorship opportunities
- Regular team events and happy hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Check out more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here.