Label Insight is a rapidly growing company with exciting opportunities in scaling technology, processes, and people. As a Software/Systems Architect, you’ll be responsible for the architecture of a complex analytics platform that is changing the way the Consumer Packaged Goods industry provides transparency to customers. A Software/Systems Architect understands cutting edge tools and frameworks, determines what the best tools are for any given task, and integrates them with existing system design.
Software/Systems Architects are expected to stay up to date and experiment with new technologies while still providing solutions for day-to-day problems. They are responsible for ensuring all our cross-functional teams are delivering software at peak efficiency and consistently making the correct tradeoffs in software design and architecture. This role serves as the key intersection of Software Development, System Design, and the Business and Organization needs.
- Drive the company’s innovation by defining, prioritizing, and implementing improvements to technical functionality that support business needs, efficiencies, and revenue.
- Influence architectural direction by collaborating with and asking the right questions of customers, senior management, and other business leaders to ensure architecture matches business needs.
- Foster an innovative and accountable culture within the engineering teams, leading them to become self-sufficient in building scalable and reliable software.
- Lead the creation, continual refinement, and active enforcement of our development standards.
- Retain the ability to work at the ground level and dive into our engineering teams to lead by example, build software alongside them, and triage critical systems as needed.
- Develop and deploy new strategies for building a high velocity, high performance, and high quality development organization.
- Previous experience with the following architectural patterns:
- Distributed Systems, SaaS
- Microservices, serverless, and event-driven architectures
- Domain-driven design
- Understands and evangelizes our development philosophies:
- Iteration and Continuous Delivery
- Code maintainability, SOLID Principles
- Don’t over-engineer the solution
- Discuss and learn from failure
- Previous experience and familiarity with our technology stack:
- SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (DynamoDB, Redis)
- Search and analytics (Apache Solr, Elasticsearch)
- AWS (EC2, RDS, Lambda, S3, etc.)
- Messaging (SQS, SNS, RabbitMQ)
- Streaming (Kinesis, Kafka)
- Data pipeline frameworks (Apache Spark, Beam)
- Continuous delivery (Elastic Beanstalk, CircleCI, Terraform, Ansible)
- Preferred experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Integration/ETL frameworks (Apache NiFi, Spring Batch)
- Business Intelligence/Analytics (Redshift, Snowflake, Hadoop)
- Machine Learning/Data Science (Computer Vision, NLP, Classification)
- Rule Systems (Drools)
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity; can operate effectively at various levels of abstraction.
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful.
Who we are:
Label Insight is a high-growth technology company founded with the mission of helping CPG companies and retailers to help their consumers understand what’s in the products they use and consume. Our world class SaaS data platform is transforming the way brands and retailers interact with and share product data in order to bring product transparency to the consumer.
Our team is unique because it’s comprised not only of tech engineers and data scientists, but food science, nutrition experts and product formulation specialists, that enable the enriched attribution capability of our tools. We’ve also attracted top senior executive talent with decades of leadership experience to help manage our rapid growth and scale.
As a team, we share a common set of values: We are innovative problem solvers. We believe in transparency, both in our product and in our work. We have curious minds and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. We value scientific inquiry. We aren’t afraid to take risks, and fail fast to learn fast and improve fast. We embrace uniqueness. We are lifelong learners and we value intellectual honesty.
Perks of the job:
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, a kegerator and more!
- Casual, dog-friendly, open-layout workspace
- Company subsidized Health Insurance, and 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Catered team lunches every other week
- Mentorship opportunities
- Regular team events and happy hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Check out more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here.