Location: St. Louis
We are looking to bring in an entry level specialist for our Food and Beverage team to learn and help to power the data transparency initiative. This person should be very self motivated and thrive in a fast paced and rapidly changing start-up environment.
The ability to multi-task, manage numerous priorities, communicate, and have a strong interest in the CPG industry will help a candidate succeed in this role. Experience in nutrition, food science and formulation, ingredient functionality, or retail dietetics is preferred. Other areas of focus include understanding FDA and USDA regulations as well as retailer and CPG industry trends. The person who fills this role should also be an extremely quick and independent learner, highly organized, and be able to thrive in an Agile environment.
- Conduct research on current food and beverage regulations and CPG industry trends to assist with the internal data taxonomy development.
- Act as support on various projects led by senior team members.
- Ability to work on team initiatives through joint independent work.
- Work alongside industry experts on cutting edge and dynamic projects.
- Help to create and streamline system rules to provide standardized product attribution.
- Help to manage a database of ingredients, marketing claims, and nutrient data.
- Work internally within the data and tech departments.
- Write, run, and interpret SQL query results.
- Lead individual quarterly projects as assigned
- Create reports for both clients and internal management.
- Provide status updates to management addressing project status, risks and issues
- A Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to thrive working in a fast-paced and agile team environment.
- Highly organized and results oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fine attention to detail.
- Strong ability to utilize Microsoft Excel, including special formulas.
About the Team:
The Data Transformation team is a highly driven team of subject matter experts, whose backgrounds and experiences greatly influence the way data is organized and refined within the database. This team is divided into three subsections of food, non-food, and attribution specialists. It is the responsibility of this team to use industry regulations and trends to build taxonomies and inform data structure in order to ultimately help create our intellectual properties. The team is often utilized to develop custom attribution for clients, consulting with their in-house experts to build SPECs that suit specific use cases. We are experts in ingredients, marketing claims, and regulatory landscapes so that Label Insight is able to provide the most in-depth cutting edge data possible.
About Label Insight:
Label Insight is a rapidly growing VC backed startup growing in both the St. Louis and Chicago markets. We are the industry’s most powerful and innovative CPG product data insight exchange for CPG manufacturers and retailers. The industry’s largest retailers and manufacturers rely on our platform as an integral solution to manage their product data, increasing their ability to respond to the demands for transparency in the market. Label Insight’s partnership with the FDA, proprietary technology, and scientific data structures set us apart from all other solutions in the industry. Our mission has always been to make vast amounts of product label data accessible and easily analyzable. Check out more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to talk to you!