Jr. Data Quality Analyst
Location: St. Louis
We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented professional to join us in the role of Jr. Data Quality Analyst. In this role you will drive data quality process from the initial collection phase to products going live on the Label Insight platform. This position provides a great opportunity to grow and develop a career in a fast-paced startup environment.
About this Role
The Data Quality team is a highly detail oriented team of quality specialists, whose knowledge of the data and the products influences the way taxonomies are refined within the database. Label Insight’s high quality data solutions are made possible because of the initiative of this cornerstone team. The team is divided into the subsections of food and non-food products. At this time we are looking for an analyst to join the non-foods team, which focuses on personal care and cosmetics products, OTC medicine, household cleaners, and dietary supplements. It is the responsibility of this team to ensure accuracy of our attribution before delivery to our clients, and to lead initiatives to assess the quality of our product on an ongoing basis. We are highly knowledgeable about ingredients, marketing claims, and industry regulations which allows us to organize and clean our product data in a meaningful way.
This position is an entry level quality analyst for the non-foods team. We are open to hiring quality-driven individuals of any degree field, however, a degree in a scientific field and proven ability to conduct thorough research is often key on this team as non-food ingredients can be very technical in nature. Experience or a strong interest in one of the applicable product types is a bonus. The ideal candidate is extremely detail oriented with a passion for getting things right, but the vision to take a step back and see the big picture. You should enjoy learning new things and have the ability to develop and manage independent projects. The ability to multi-task, manage numerous priorities, communicate, and a strong interest in the CPG industry will help a candidate succeed in this role. The candidate will gain a deep understanding of Label Insight’s data structure and product offerings in order to assist more senior level team members.
- Review claims and ingredient data to ensure accuracy
- Write and/or update internal standard definitions
- Act as support on various projects led by senior team members
- Work alongside and learn from industry experts on cutting edge and dynamic projects, gaining knowledge through independent research and experience
- Help to ensure the quality of a database of ingredients, marketing claims, and active ingredient data
- Work internally within the data and tech departments
- Lead individual quarterly projects as assigned
- Provide status updates to management addressing project status, risks and issues
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a science field (chemistry, biology, or similar).
- Proven ability to perform research.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to quickly learn and grow under the mentorship of industry and quality experts.
- Experience with data analysis or data quality is a bonus.
- Strong ability to use Microsoft Excel, including special formulas.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
- Desire to grow and develop a career.
Who we are:
Label Insight was founded with the mission of helping consumers understand what’s in the products they use and consume. Today, our world class, venture backed, SaaS data platform is solving transparency for the entire industry. Our unique team is made up of talented engineers and data scientists, who work alongside food science and nutrition experts and product formulation specialists, who enable the enriched attribution capability of our tools. We’ve also attracted top senior executive talent with decades of leadership experience to help manage our rapid growth and scale. Check out more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here.
- Transparency: We’re transparent and open about our work.
- Collaboration: We’re team players. We support and trust our co-workers, celebrate each other’s wins and learn from each other’s failures. We work to create an environment where everyone can thrive.
- Iteration and Innovation: We’re not afraid to challenge assumptions, make suggestions for better solutions, try new ideas, or take smart risks. We challenge the status quo, and feel safe to make mistakes knowing we can learn from them rather than repeat them.
- Intellectual Honesty and Humility: We pursue the best answer, not proving ourselves right. We are aware of our own biases and admit when we’re wrong. We’re willing to ask for help when we need it.
- Accountability: We take responsibility for our own work quality, problems and solutions, and how our actions affect those around us.
- Quality Driven: We strive for quality in our work and our approach to our role. We make data-driven decisions.
Check out more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here.