Jr. Analyst, SmartLabel Quality
Location: St. Louis
Label Insight’s SmartLabel Quality team is looking for a highly detail-oriented individual to join a team of data quality specialists. The SmartLabel Quality team works closely with our Customer Success team to ensure accurate, high quality delivery of our customer’s products to the market. What is more, this team’s knowledge of the data, as well as the SmartLabel platform, influences the way consumers view and interact with the data behind consumer packaged goods. As the industry leading provider for SmartLabel solutions, it is the responsibility of this team to transform the data captured on-package into highly robust and transparent SmartLabel web pages.
- Drive data quality process from the initial collection phase to products going live on smartlabel.org, keeping in mind the extreme complexity of the data, specific customer needs and the necessity for accuracy (this entails a good deal of manual processing/ quality assurance as we build towards tech-first solutions).
- Designing, managing, reviewing and reporting on workflows for quality/production improvement purposes.
- Propose ideas for tracking and improving data quality processes.
- Analyze large amounts of data to determine where workflow, workforce and overall project improvements can be achieved.
- Participate in larger development solution conversations.
- Implementing, documenting and communicating best practices based on investigation/analysis and solicited feedback, including updates to business data definitions, governance policy, and data quality metrics..
- Liaising with other internal departments to uncover additional quality based requirements.
- Responsible for customer and product master data quality – both accuracy and timeliness
- Ownership of customer and product master data quality metrics, audits, and key indicators.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (A Bachelors of Science in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Analytics or related fields preferable).
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and be flexible in your work (we work at a fast pace and things change frequently).
- A desire to work in a Startup environment (this role will potentially have some responsibilities falling outside of the normal 9-5 workday).
- Experience in process monitoring and quality assurance of large data environments
- Proficiency in Excel
- Experience in MySQL workbench
- Experience working with Business Intelligence tools
- Experience working in a technology focused environment
Who we are:
Label Insight is a rapidly growing VC backed startup growing in both the St. Louis and Chicago markets. We are the industry’s most powerful and innovative CPG product data insight exchange for CPG manufacturers and retailers. The industry’s largest retailers and manufacturers rely on our platform as an integral solution to manage their product data, increasing their ability to respond to the demands for transparency in the market. Label Insight’s partnership with the FDA, proprietary technology, and scientific data structures set us apart from all other solutions in the industry. Our mission has always been to make vast amounts of product label data accessible and easily analyzable.
- Transparency: We’re transparent and open about our work.
- Collaboration: We’re team players. We support and trust our co-workers, celebrate each other’s wins and learn from each other’s failures. We work to create an environment where everyone can thrive.
- Iteration and Innovation: We’re not afraid to challenge assumptions, make suggestions for better solutions, try new ideas, or take smart risks. We challenge the status quo, and feel safe to make mistakes knowing we can learn from them rather than repeat them.
- Intellectual Honesty and Humility: We pursue the best answer, not proving ourselves right. We are aware of our own biases and admit when we’re wrong. We’re willing to ask for help when we need it.
- Accountability: We take responsibility for our own work quality, problems and solutions, and how our actions affect those around us.
- Quality Driven: We strive for quality in our work and our approach to our role. We make data-driven decisions.
Perks of the job:
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, a kegerator and more!
- Casual, dog-friendly, open-layout workspace
- Company subsidized Health Insurance, and 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Catered team lunches every other week
- Mentorship opportunities
- Regular team events and happy hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Check out more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here.