Location: St. Louis
Label Insight is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our IT Department! The IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing quality and professional IT support to Label Insight employees. This includes performing support and maintenance of laptops, software, and collaboration tools, and other support issues that are related to the end user systems for employees. It also includes account and credentials management and ensuring Label Insight’s security policies are comprehensive and adhered to. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, logical thinker who will strive to provide quality, professional support to our employees.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Primary source of contact for all IT issues in both Chicago and St. Louis offices.
- System preparation, including software installation and user configuration, for new and rebuilt systems for employees.
- Employee account creation and permissions management including, but not limited to, Google Apps, Microsoft Suite, Atlassian, VPN, and AWS.
- Roll out credentials management platform to simplify employee onboarding process.
- Respond to and resolve issues reported by Label Insight employees promptly with 1-on-1 problem solving sessions.
- Create and utilize ticketing system to track all requests and document results of problem resolution sessions.
- Debug issues related to PC hardware, VPN, and other tools and perform minor hardware repairs/maintenance.
- Purchase and configure hardware for Label Insight offices including video collaboration and networking equipment.
- Work with Label Insight IT vendors and ISP.
- Drive and share IT-related initiatives with all employees by understanding and demonstrating business value.
- Investigate and maintain Label Insight’s Information Security policies.
- Provide emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule.
- Assist with moving employees' desktop equipment.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Education: BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Mac and Windows system administration required, Linux preferred.
- Experience with Google Suite, Microsoft Apps, and the integration between them.
- Knowledge of wireless network configuration and network hardware.
- Experience with information security policies and enforcement.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Self-starter with a logical mindset to debug and discover information.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, while effectively focusing on priority issues.
Who we are:
Label Insight is a high-growth technology company founded with the mission of helping CPG companies and retailers to help their consumers understand what’s in the products they use and consume. Our world class SaaS data platform is transforming the way brands and retailers interact with and share product data in order to bring product transparency to the consumer.
Our team is unique because it’s comprised not only of tech engineers and data scientists, but food science, nutrition experts and product formulation specialists, that enable the enriched attribution capability of our tools. We’ve also attracted top senior executive talent with decades of leadership experience to help manage our rapid growth and scale.
As a team, we share a common set of values: We are innovative problem solvers. We believe in transparency, both in our product and in our work. We have curious minds and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. We value scientific inquiry. We aren’t afraid to take risks, and fail fast to learn fast and improve fast. We embrace uniqueness. We are lifelong learners and we value intellectual honesty.
Perks of the job:
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, a kegerator and more!
- Casual, dog-friendly, open-layout workspace
- Company subsidized Health Insurance, and 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Catered team lunches every other week
- Mentorship opportunities
- Regular team events and happy hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Check out more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here.