Location: St. Louis
We are looking for a high-energy, motivated sales professional to join our growing team in the role of Director of Sales. Your 6+ years of outside sales experience will help you to identify business opportunities in large CPG organizations and achieve aggressive sales targets. This position will require frequent travel, up to 2-3 nights per week, and will report directly to the Chief Customer Officer.
- Identify business opportunities in large Consumer Packaged Goods organizations by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; research and analyze sales options.
- Achieve aggressive sales targets primarily within new accounts.
- Develop strategic sales plans to include identifying sales prospects and building plans for enterprise sales opportunities.
- Sell Label Insight products by establishing contacts and developing relationships with prospects and recommending solutions.
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information and guidance; research and recommend new opportunities; recommend profit and service improvements.
- Remain current on industry trends, market activities and competitors to help identify product improvements and/or new products.
- Provide consistent updates to sales forecasts by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information.
- Contribute to organizational and team projects as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven track record generating revenue within new client accounts
- Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Negotiation Skills, Prospecting Skills
- Analytical Skills: Ability to analyze and meet sales goals; sales planning
- Characteristics: Independent, motivation for sales, high energy
- 6+ years of outside sales experience, selling to CPG brands a strong plus
- Education: Bachelor of Science degree
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Suite and Salesforce.com
- Travel requirements: 2-3 overnights per week
- Retail selling experience is a bonus
Label Insight is a high-growth technology company founded with the mission of helping CPG companies and retailers to help their consumers understand what’s in the products they use and consume. Our world class SaaS data platform is transforming the way brands and retailers interact with and share product data in order to bring product transparency to the consumer.
Our team is unique because it’s comprised not only of tech engineers and data scientists, but food science, nutrition experts and product formulation specialists, that enable the enriched attribution capability of our tools. We’ve also attracted top senior executive talent with decades of leadership experience to help manage our rapid growth and scale.
As a team, we share a common set of values: We are innovative problem solvers. We believe in transparency, both in our product and in our work. We have curious minds and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. We value scientific inquiry. We aren’t afraid to take risks, and fail fast to learn fast and improve fast. We embrace uniqueness. We are lifelong learners and we value intellectual honesty.
Perks of the job:
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, a kegerator and more!
- Casual, dog-friendly, open-layout workspace
- Company subsidized Health Insurance, and 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Catered team lunches every other week
- Mentorship opportunities
- Regular team events and happy hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Check out more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to talk to you!