Location: St. Louis
We are looking to hire a team lead on our Data Quality team. In this position you will manage and maintain our external teams and data quality review processes, including Raw Data Quality, Attribute Quality and Brand Recognition. You will report to the Data Quality Manager but are required to liaise with all three operations channels to help manage priority, throughput and quality. Ultimately, this role will help to strategize and streamline the recognition work and provide reports and recommendations, meeting with internal teams and communicate needs outward. You should be very self motivated and able to thrive in a fast paced and rapidly changing start-up environment. The ability to multi-task, manage numerous priorities, communicate and a strong interest in the CPG industry will help a candidate succeed in this role. Experience in data analytics and reporting is preferred and a bachelor’s degree and experience using SQL is required.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Hire, train, communicate with and manage external team members.
- Understand and balance the needs of the business by communicating with internal customers.
- Utilize the understanding of priorities to set expectations of throughput and quality.
- Create standard reporting methods capable of analyzing numerous data points and conditions and eventually be able to predict future burndowns and workflow requirements.
- Understand the platforms used by the external team members and begin to make suggestions to help improve the quality and throughput of the teams-- leading to additional automation.
- Write, run and interpret advanced SQL query results.
- Lead individual quarterly projects as assigned.
- Provide status updates to management, addressing project status, risks and issues.
- Escalate issues as necessary to data and operations management.
About You / Your Creds:
- Education: Bachelor of Science or similar degree in related technical or business field
- 1+ years of professional experience
- Well-developed Excel and MySQL skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and abilities
- Excellent communication, organization and documentation skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively in a cross-functional environment with technical and non-technical team members
- Familiarity with food label data elements and attributes
- Experience working with CPG manufacturers and retailers
- Motivated and conscientious self-starter
- Data driven decision maker
- Intellectually honest
- Ability to thrive working in a fast-paced team environment
- Have a passion for driving product transparency
- Desire to grow and develop a career
Who we are:
Label Insight is a high-growth technology company founded with the mission of helping CPG companies and retailers help their consumers understand what’s in the products they use and consume. Our data and tools focus on transforming information about household products into simple, easy to use forms.” We’re transforming the way brands and retailers interact with and share product data in order to bring product transparency to the consumer.
Our team is unique because it’s composed not only of tech engineers and data scientists, but food scientists, nutrition experts and product formulation specialists, who enable the enriched attribution capability of our tools. We’ve also attracted top senior executive talent with decades of leadership experience to help manage our rapid growth and scale.
As a team, we share a common set of values: We are innovative problem solvers. We believe in transparency, both in our product and in our work. We have curious minds and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. We value scientific inquiry. We aren’t afraid to take risks, and fail fast to learn fast and improve fast. We embrace uniqueness. We are lifelong learners and we value intellectual honesty.
Perks of the job:
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, a kegerator and more!
- Casual, dog-friendly, open-layout workspace
- Company subsidized Health Insurance, and 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Catered team lunches every other week
- Mentorship opportunities
- Regular team events and happy hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Check out more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here.