The Customer Success Support Engineer plays a critical role providing technical expertise supporting our work with the sales team during the solution selling process and supporting team operational systems and support processes. These efforts contribute to building and expanding lasting relationships with Label Insight customers and partners. The ideal candidate has experience in data analytics applications, SaaS technical environments, working with customer delivery teams, and thrives as a collaborative team player, and is comfortable in a very fast paced, high growth startup environment.
Pre-Sales Technical Support
- Support CS team members to provide pre-sales support on technical aspects of products / solutions to prospects and partners to accelerate closing business, act as technical SME on LI solutions, especially around use cases of LI data and technical integration of LI data into customer / partner systems.
- Become extremely proficient in delivering compelling demos of LI systems and products to customers and partners.
- Develop customer specific demos / prototypes when needed to highlight capabilities of products / solutions.
- Advise CS and sales on customer data assessment work, become team expert on product offering details.
- Develop knowledge base content for internal and customer facing work to support sales process, presentations and proposal creation.
- Establish relationship with key technical influencers, occasionally own ongoing technical dialogue with customer team.
- Create, deliver training as needed on technical aspects of products / solutions or related industry topics.
- Own completion of any customer technical assessments, for example related to security, SLAs, etc.
Customer Success Technical Resource
- Support CS team on various technical aspects of project work, including light development.
- Own administration, configuration and integration of CS team operational tools (project tracking, help desk management, etc.), support establishment and compliance with standard use practices, iterate to drive improvement in operations efficiency.
- Act as CS team lead on technical support process, including defining any new and refining existing practices where appropriate.
- Interact with Product and Engineering teams where needed to support CS team in deeper understanding of solution functionality and providing feedback from customers and partners on technical aspects of products and solutions to internal teams.
- Degree in related technical field.
- 3+ years experience working in data analysis, engineering, pre-sales support or product management in SaaS environment.
- Strong technical background in SaaS environments, including infrastructure, application and UI level.
- Knowledge of AWS-based SaaS technology stacks, development tools and data environments is desirable.
- Experience working in agile and continuous integration engineering environments.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Comfortable presenting to customers.
- Experience with specifying, creating and delivering technical training.
Label Insight Knowledge (desirable)
- Familiarity with food / personal care product label data elements and attribute methodologies; SmartLabel initiative for digital consumer product information.
- Experience working with CPG manufacturers and retailers.
About Label Insight
Label Insight is a rapidly growing VC backed startup growing in both the St. Louis and Chicago markets. We are the industry’s most powerful and innovative CPG product data insight exchange for CPG manufacturers and retailers. The industry’s largest retailers and manufacturers rely on our platform as an integral solution to manage their product data, increasing their ability to respond to the demands for transparency in the market. Label Insight’s partnership with the FDA, proprietary technology, and scientific data structures set us apart from all other solutions in the industry. Our mission has always been to make vast amounts of product label data accessible and easily analyzable.
Perks of the job:
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, a kegerator and more!
- Casual, dog-friendly, open-layout workspace
- Company subsidized Health Insurance, and 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Catered team lunches every other week
- Mentorship opportunities
- Regular team events and happy hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Check out more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to talk to you!